Elaborate Course: Medical Statistics
I. Course Introduction:
Medical statisticsIntroduces methods and concepts of statistical analysis of data with special attention to those occurring. The main contents include research design, data collecting, analysis, and interpretation by combining special techniques of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics in medical and biological sciences.Students would learn Probability and distributions, parameter estimation, tests of hypotheses, types of error, significance, confidence levels, sample size and power calculation etc. the course include lectures and computer laboratory section. This is a 3 credits course in autumnterm.
II. Teaching Syllabus (including the contents of chapters and sections)
I.Course orientation (course info); Introduction; Basic terms in Biostatistics (3h)
II.Descriptive statistics for quantitative data (3h);
IIIDescriptive statistics for qualitative data (3h)
IVBasic to research design: Survey and experiment (3h)
VBasic of probability, sampling distribution, sampling error (3h)
VIProperties of the t‐distribution, parameter estimation(3h)
VIIIntroduction to HT,HT of Means (3h)
VIIINonparametric Methods (3h)
IXStatistical Inference of Proportions (3h)
XLinear correlation and regression (3h)
XIFinal Exam (3h)
Descriptive statistics for quantitative data
Descriptive statistics for qualitative data
Design of Experiment and survey
Sampling error and sampling distribution
t distribution and Parameter estimation
t-test for means
Comparison of proportions
Linear correlation and regression
Computer Laboratory section
practice 1 Introduction to STATA
practice 2 data descriptive and Estimation
practice 3 Comparison of mean
Practice 4 Comparison of proportion
practice 5 Linear regression and correlation
1.Above one, two, and three items are used as teaching Syllabus in Chinese and announced on the Chinese website of Graduate School. The four and five items are preserved in Graduate School.
2. Course terms: Spring, autumn, and Spring-Autumn term.
3. The teaching languages for courses: Chinese, English or Chinese-English.
4. Applicable range of discipline: public, first-class discipline, second-class discipline, and third-class discipline.
5. Practice includes: experiment, investigation, research report, etc.
6. Teaching methods: lecture, seminar, practice, etc.
7. Examination for degree courses must be in paper.
8. Teaching material websites are those which have already been announced.
9. Brief introduction of chief lecturer should include: personal information (date of birth, gender, degree achieved, professional title), research direction, teaching and research achievements. (Within 100-500 words)
01 introduction to medical statistics 2015.pptx02 descriptive statistics2015(1).ppt03 descriptive statistics2015 (2).pptx04 Experiment, trial and survey.pptx05 Normal distribution and binomial distri.ppt07 Hypothesis test for mean.ppt08 Hypothesis test for proportion.ppt09 nonparametric test2015.ppt10 correlation and regression.ppt11 review for final examination.ppt